multi-instrumentalist | audio engineer | producer
based in Los Angeles, CA, Dylan exhibits years of live and studio work experience predominantly in the greater Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Nashville areas. Performing and recording professionally since age 10.
- Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences – Audio Engineering/Production
- Musicians Institute – Guitar Performance
- Illinois Valley Community College – Psychology/General Studies
- WB Gear
- Zemaitis Guitars
- Bartolini Pickups
- Music Production
- Post-Production for Film/Television
- Live Sound
- Charity Work
- Touring/Session musician
- American Federation of Musicians
- Audio Engineering Society
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
- Northern Illinois Bluegrass Association
- American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers.
*Former President/Chair of the Audio Engineering Society – CRAS Section.
- Pro Tools Tier 4
- Waves SoundGrid 101 & 201
- Audinate Dante Level 2
- Antares Auto-Tune Pro
- Celemony Melodyne
- Studer Vista
“Dylan you are the musician who can play your way into any band. An unquenchable thirst to be better and better with the best equipment. Hey wait a minute, maybe you should join my band Dylan!”
—Kevin Chalfant, singer-songwriter The Storm, 707, Kevin Chalfant’s Journey Experience
“Dylan is versatile, and mature beyond his years, quite capable of taking the lead (on multiple instruments), and just as willing/capable of tasteful backing. He’s been a pleasure to work with, both on a professional and personal level.”
—Andrew Blomquist, singer-songwriter
“I highly recommend Dylan for his professionalism and talent as both a multi instrumentalist and sound engineer.”
—Brian Robson, musician/producer
‘Reggie: I did meet a kid, actually he’s from Chicago, Dylan Torres at the Baked Potato. He’s 23 and totally gets it, and he’s a great kid. He blew me away with his musical knowledge.
CJ: “Ya, I know him. I love that guy. He’s been keeping in touch with me.”
Reggie: He knows it because it’s from his heart, his head and his soul. Not from an iPhone.
CJ: “It’s because you have to know it. That’s why I learned it. That’s why ALL of us learned it.”’
—Reggie Boyle/CJ Vanston, stevelukather.com